LAST UPDATED: December 23, 2016
Obalon Social Media Community GuidelinesObalon Therapeutics, Inc. ("Obalon") envisions a world … MISSION STATEMENT / MISSION BEHIND SOCIAL MEDIA. We encourage our community members to engage in discussions with us. Please feel free to ask questions, comment, share our posts, and discuss. When you do, we ask that you make sure your contributions are respectful, courteous, and constructive. Thoughtful discussion will inevitably produce disagreement. We accept that disagreements will happen. However, we won’t tolerate when disagreements turn offensive. Please do not insult other community members or be disrespectful. When you disagree with something someone has said, please say so in a polite manner, and please provide sources for any information you cite, if you can. To put it another way: We will not tolerate threatening, abusive, harassing, intimidating, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, indecent, illegal or unlawful content. We will not tolerate spam, which we define as promotion of commercial interests or repeated posting of the same content. Posts violating these requirements may be removed at any time and without notice. We also ask that you keep conversations on-topic. Our community members normally get along very well, and discussions can veer in a number of interesting directions. We ask that you help us keep our focus by providing meaningful, relevant content to the members of our community. This page is intended to answer questions and provide support for physicians, patients and the community. However, some questions really need the attention of medical experts. When questions get very technical, or when responding publicly may violate your privacy, we may send you a private message or direct you to a phone number where someone can be reached in person to address your concern. This page is monitored during business hours only, so please allow 24 hours for us to respond to your comments. And, as always, in case of an emergency, dial 911. Thank you for participating, and welcome!
Terms and Conditions
- 1. The content and service providers are not engaged in rendering medical and any kind of other professional services through Obalon social media. Users must consult with a medical professional before taking any action based upon the information accessed or viewed through the social media sites. The content on Obalon social media sites DOES NOT constitute medical advice and SHOULD NOT be relied upon to replace or overrule a clinical diagnosis or a licensed healthcare professional's judgment.
- 2. Obalon social media sites are not warranted or guaranteed to be free of errors, omissions, delays, losses of data, viruses, bugs, worms or defects.
- 3. Users are responsible for the content submitted to social media sites. Social media users grant Obalon:
- the royalty-free worldwide license, with the right to sublicense, which is irrevocable, perpetual, transferable and non-exclusive
- the right to reproduce, publish, display and distribute content
- the right to create derivative works from the content
- the right to use content for any Obalon purpose
- the right to edit, modify and delete content
- 4. Users agree to:
- not submit any content that infringes any trademark, patent or copyright
- not violate local, state, federal and international laws and regulations
- not submit disruptive, threatening, abusive, profane, harassing, embarrassing, defamatory, libelous, obscene, hateful or racial content
- not submit product and service advertisements and endorsements
- not submit content which can be construed as political lobbying
- 5. Users assume all responsibility related to the security, privacy and confidentiality risks associated with sending any content over the Internet.
- 6. Obalon social media site content must not be downloaded, posted, displayed, published, reproduced, copied, distributed, performed or otherwise exploited.
- 7. Content must not be altered, edited, deleted, removed or modified in any way.
- 8. Obalon reserves the right to edit, modify, remove or delete any content or other information or materials submitted by social media users.
- 9. Obalon may monitor, restrict, block, suspend or discontinue user access to Obalon social media sites, at any time, with or without advance notice, and for any reason or no reason at all.
- 10. Users agree to defend, indemnify and hold Obalon and its content and service providers harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, settlements, judgments, costs and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising in any way from their use of or access to Obalon social media. Any dispute, claim or action related to your use, viewing, posting or access to Obalon social media sites shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Delaware, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles.
- 11. Obalon reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or update its terms and conditions at any time without advance notice. Users' continued use of Obalon’s social media after such changes will be considered acceptance of those changes. Changes will be effective when posted.
- 12. Obalon social media, including, without limitation, all services, content, functions, materials and information provided through Obalon social media, are provided “as is,” “as available,” without warranty of any kind, including, without limitation:
Obalon disclaims any and all such warranties, express and implied.
Obalon, or any of its directors, officers, employees, agents, content or service providers is not liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages arising from, or directly or indirectly related to, the use or the inability to use Obalon social media or the social media content.
Obalon does not warrant or safeguard against intentional or malicious attempts to intercept or compromise user information posted to Obalon social media or sent over the Internet.
Obalon may suspend, change or discontinue any aspect of Obalon social media at any time.
- any warranty for information, data, data processing, uptime or uninterrupted access
- any warranties concerning the availability, accuracy, precision, correctness, thoroughness, completeness, usefulness or content of information
- any warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose