A consultation with an Obalon physician is the easiest way to have your questions answered and find out whether the Obalon Balloon System is right for you. Schedule a consultation with an Obalon physician today and start your weight loss journey!
Your First Visit
During the first consultation, an Obalon-trained physician takes your medical history, examines your current health condition, and performs necessary medical tests. Discuss your expectations and desired results to make sure your physician can determine if you are the right candidate for the Obalon Balloon System.
The Obalon Balloon System can assist with your weight loss efforts, but your weight loss success is also dependent on your readiness to develop new lifestyle skills. The degree of long-term weight loss will depend on your ability to modify your lifestyle and maintain this behavior after the balloons are removed. It is important that you discuss your willingness to accept this commitment with your physician before undergoing the Obalon Balloon System treatment.
How It Works
Let's Break down the treatment...
- NO SURGERY
- FULLY REVERSIBLE
- NO ANESTHESIA
- In your physician’s office, you swallow a capsule approximately the size of a vitamin pill, attached to a micro-catheter.
- Using an X-ray, your physician confirms that the capsule is safely in your stomach.
- As the capsule dissolves, the balloon is inflated with gas.
- The micro-catheter is removed quickly and smoothly.
- With your physician’s OK, you're all set and can go back to your daily activities.
Three Obalon Balloons one at a time
Healthy Diet & Exercise
Progressive Weight Loss
- NO PERMANENT SURGICAL CHANGES
- PROGRESSIVE WEIGHT LOSS
- HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
- Three balloons are placed one at a time over three months to facilitate progressive weight loss and help minimize side effects.
- The light and buoyant balloons float in the top of your stomach.
- You eat less food because the balloons take up space in your stomach.
- Nutritional guidelines and exercise program during the entire treatment help you jump-start a healthy lifestyle.
- At the end of six months, all three balloons are removed.
- Light sedation
- Short procedure
- ONE VISIT
- After six months of Obalon balloon treatment, all three balloons are removed in one procedure at your physician's office.
- You receive a light sedation, so you stay conscious.
- During an endoscopy procedure, your physician uses a tube with a camera to view and puncture each balloon one at a time.
- Once deflated, the balloons are smoothly taken out of your stomach one by one.
- The removal procedure is typically no longer than 15 minutes.